Stop wasting time at networking events!
Are you ready to...
... attract great referrals so you no longer have to awkwardly ask for them?
... be clear and concise when you describe what you do?
... develop in-depth relationships instead of engage in endless hours of small talk?
... stop wasting your time chasing people who never return your calls?
... get better results while attending fewer networking events?
I went to my first networking event with high expectations.
Everyone seemed friendly and engaged.
People seemed excited to meet me and eager to keep in touch.
So I collected stacks of business cards, sat down at my desk, rolled up my sleeves, and prepared for an avalanche of new business.
Collecting Business Cards Didn't Work
Then reality set in.
I made lots of phone calls, lefts dozens of voice messages, and sent tons of "great to meet you" emails.
But nobody ever got back to me.
Worst of all, the one time I finally did get someone live on the phone, he didn't have any idea who I was.
Networking Groups Didn't Work Either
It wasn't much better at my networking groups.
I dutifully showed up every week, gave my Elevator Pitch, then stood around expectantly waiting for people to come running up to me with leads.
No one did.
In fact, no one even really seemed to know that I was there.
I almost gave up
It was so frustrating, that I threw my hands up and said "Business networking is a huge waste of time."
Then I met someone...
The Fish Bowl
Tom ran the networking groups at the Cambridge Chamber of Commerce.
One day, instead of giving our usual Elevator Pitch, he had us answer a question.
One simple question.
It's easy to answer.
It's fun to talk about.
I learned more about the people sitting around the table that day than I had in 3 years of twice a month listening to their traditional Elevator Pitch.
And that wasn't all.
Then Tom passed around a fish bowl.
It went around the table twice.
That was the day everything changed.
Now, 12 years later, I'm still in touch with all those people.
We share leads, opportunities, and clients.
We help each other grow our businesses.
My name is Andrew Winig, and over those 12 years I immersed myself in business networking.
I attended tons of events.
I joined dozens of groups.
I've given my Elevator Pitch hundreds of times.
I've learned what works and what doesn't.
Now I teach people to avoid those mistakes as they grow their business.
Over the past 9 years, I've helped tens of thousands of people drastically improve their Elevator Pitch and their business networking results. There's no doubt about it, business networking is a remarkably effective way to attract more referrals and grow your business.
The problem is that it only works if you do it, (and do it well). And that, I'm willing to bet, is what's been in your way all this time.
A Change in Perspective
People complain to me all the time that they waste their time at "disappointing" networking events.
Yet, when we talk through the event, any event they attend, we quickly spot several good opportunities that they overlooked.
It turns out that business networking success doesn't look like what we've been led to expect.
For years I couldn't spot the many great opportunities that were right in front of me.
Because I was following up in the wrong way, with the wrong people, about the wrong things.
It turns out that I didn't need to attend different events or meet new people.
I just needed to change my mindset and my approach to talking to people.
Suddenly, the same people I had known for years were interested and engaged and sharing opportunities.
Two Types of People
The people I work with fall into one of two categories.
- Some know they should network more, but can't seem to find the time or motivation to locate and attend the right kinds of events.
- Some are very active networkers, who participate in multiple chambers and leads groups, yet their results don't justify their time and energy.
A New Insight
Recently, I’ve realized that both groups of people face exactly the same challenge in terms of becoming more effective at business networking.
These are the people who, while they believe that there should be huge benefits from networking on a regular basis, have never seen those kinds of results from a single event, so they erroneously conclude that business networking is a waste of time.
I used to think that way too.
See, the thing that no one had ever taken the time to fully teach me is that business networking is a process, and the first step in that process is attending an event. Business Networking is the series of strategies to apply next, to move the process forward, developing trust and communication to expand your referral network and generate more and better leads.
I've turned what I learned into a 5-step, online, interactive course.
Join now to learn strategies to
- Locate the best events
- Meet the right people
- Follow up effectively
- Attract more referrals who become paying clients
- Talk about what you do in a way that gets people interested in what you do
- Stop wasting time at networking events
- Avoid the most common frustrations of business networking
- Grow your business through Business Networking
- Move through the Business Networking process in a structured, “class” format
- Receive supporting materials and examples to help along the way
- Have an opportunity to learn from and interact with other people
- Benefit from learning the material at your own pace, when it makes sense for you
- Get full, unlimited, lifetime access to all the program recordings, training material, and private discussion boards.
-- Jan Whitted, ArtBeat Creativity Stores
Finding Clients is the Hard PartYou’re good at what you do — in fact you LOVE what you do — but you don’t know a lot about marketing, and you hate cold calling.
Whether you’re a coach, writer, consultant, recruiter, financial planner, attorney, or other professional, you want to spend your time doing the work you love and know how to do.
But in order to do that you need an ongoing stream of prospects and clients — and you haven’t yet figured out how to make that happen consistently.
Business Networking can solve this problem for youSince I launched my own business in 2007, I’ve never made a cold call, never sent a piece of direct mail and never spent a cent on advertising.
And it’s all because I have an effective approach to Business Networking (something which you can have too).
A Tested Approach
Business Networking for Introverts is a 5-step program that takes the same approach I use and have fine-tuned with my private coaching clients over many years through thousands of interactions.
It works, simple as that. It’s filled with tested exercises and assignments, real world examples, and plenty of do’s and don’ts, all intended to help you create and implement an effective business networking strategy for your business.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this 5-step program:
Step 1 – Choose the Right Events
Most business networking fails because people confuse networking with selling – they attend a random event, and describe their work in whatever way comes to mind, and then are so frustrated that no one signed up for their services that they don’t take the next steps to develop the relationships that lead to the really big opportunities. In this session you’ll learn the value and approach for connecting with a specific and unexpected group of people who are key to your business growth.
- The 3 kinds of business networking.
- How to choose the most worthwhile events
- Why collecting business cards and studying attendance lists are a colossal waste of time
- What to do instead of collecting business cards and studying attendance lists
- How to get great leads from bad events
- The worst reason (ever) to attend a business networking event (we’ve all done it…)
- And more…
Step 2 – Meet the Right People
You already know the right people. You do. And they’re not who you expect. In this program you’ll learn the three step process to identify them, connect with them, and start developing trust. You’ll learn specific strategies you can use immediately to recognize the right people when you meet them, and a more straightforward approach to strengthening the relationships. We’ll cover:
- The 7 minute rule
- How to know when you’ve met a right person
- What to say to them
- The right way to use business cards
- What to do with people who don’t return your calls
- How many networking events is too many
- What to look for in a networking group
- And more…
"I gave my new 30-Second Elevator Pitch at a networking event the other night, and two people approached me afterwards to invite me to do a presentation for their company. Thanks for your help!”
Jack LaCava, Ace of Connections
Step 3 – Strengthen Your Relationships
The single best thing you can do to improve your business networking results? Drink more coffee! Ok, ok. It’s not about the coffee. It’s about sitting down with someone and getting to know them better. What you drink is up to you. We’ll show you who to approach, how to approach them, when and where to schedule the meeting, and how to make sure it’s productive. We’ll cover:
- How to approach the right people in the right way to schedule a one-on-one
- The Rule of 2 (or 3)
- Question to Ask / Questions to Avoid
- Why you’re better off meeting with people who will never be your customer
- The five differences between a one-on-one and a sales call
- The main reason people avoid one-on-ones
- Why the one-on-one is so effective (and so infrequently scheduled)
- And more…
Step 4 – Follow Up Effectively
If you’re concerned you’re bothering people, then you’re probably following up about you. When you start following up about them they’ll be eager to hear from you. We’ll share a foolproof approach for keeping in touch without stalking. We’ll cover:
- How much follow up is too much?
- The wrong way to collect (or hand out) business cards
- How to avoid annoying people
- What to do when people don’t return your calls (or respond to your emails)
- How to get more leads out of fewer events
- The reason most people have such a hard time following up consistently
- How to send emails (and leave voice messages) that guarantee a response
- And more…
“I really enjoyed the Effective Follow Up program.
It is amazing how simple your process is.”
-- Dave Gardner, Boyds Direct
Step 5 – Give Professional Referrals
Never ask for another referral! The best way to attract referrals is to give them. In this session we’ll focus on giving referrals in a way that attracts referrals back to you. We’ll cover:
- The worst kind of referral
- The Professional Referral Script
- How giving referrals attracts referrals
- How to spot real referrals (rather than people who are wasting your time)
- And more…
"As an introvert, I found it difficult to enter a room full of strangers. Through Andy’s webinar series, my focus shifted away from “selling” and towards getting to know people for the long term. I was amazed at how much more relaxed and open I was able to be, how much more natural the conversations became and how I actually looked forward to networking events! I have been amazed by how many opportunities have opened up for me as a result. I would highly recommend Andy and the webinar series to anyone who is looking to take their networking and their career to the next level"
-- Liz Reczek, CEO, SeqLL
A Little About Me
Here's what I've been doing to help people like you with their Business Networking:
- Amazon carries my book "Elevator Pitch Handbook: The Step-by-Step Guide to Starting Conversations"
- I've hosted over 100 monthly, interactive, roll-up-your-sleeves-and-work-on-your-networking-skills webinars
- I created a software tool, the "Elevator Pitch Creator" to help people get started on their 30-Second Elevator Pitch
- I publish a weekly Elevator Pitch Tips Email Newsletter
- I deliver motivational talks at business associations and networking groups
- I offer private coaching to business owners and sales and marketing professionals
- I've appeared on TV and Radio
- I've guest-hosted TV shows
- I offer hands-on training programs to sales teams and customer service organizations
Five, 37-Minute Webinar Training Videos
This is a series of five, 37-minute webinar training programs that were recorded live. All the examples and questions are from real people just like you.
Roll up your sleeves, print out the worksheets, and get ready to learn best practices, tune your Elevator Pitch, and experience other professionals who are committed to business networking success.
You get full, lifetime, unlimited access to the recordings, worksheets, program materials, and private discussion boards.
Ask a question, and I and the group will chime in.
Over time we'll have a repository of best practices for getting better results from fewer events.
What if I have Questions?
I expect you will!
That's why the program includes a 45-minute coaching call with me.
Go through the course, save up your questions, then I'll get on the phone (or Skype) with you and answer all your questions.
You can also use the private discussion boards within the course so you can get advice from me and other like-minded professionals.
I read and respond to every single comment.
And other people in the course frequently jump in and post helpful comments as well.
Will This Work For Me?
In a word, yes.
I've worked with hundreds of people across dozens of industries.
Still, I’ve included a 45-Day money back guarantee to make sure this is as risk-free for you as possible.
Register for the program, listen to the webinar recordings, fill out the worksheets, network, and follow up (I show you exactly how). And schedule your 45-Minute Coaching Call with me. If you show me proof you did the exercises and went out and networked and followed up and you're not completely satisfied with the results you're seeing, just get in touch and I’ll happily refund your money – no questions asked.
I've been Business Networking for years. How is this different?
This is a completely different approach.
It turns all the traditional advice on it's head.
And let's face it, if you were happy with your results, you wouldn't still be reading about this program.
You'll stop collecting business cards, stop studying attendance lists, and stop doing all the other time wasters that all the so-called "gurus" suggest.
Instead you'll efficiently and effectively discover great opportunities at your very next networking event.
There's no other program like this.
Let's get started!
Here's the full program:
In this 5-week, roll up your sleeves and develop and use your own personalized business networking strategy, you'll learn to:
- Spot the right events (and know which ones to avoid)
- Meet the right people (while wasting zero time on the wrong ones)
- Use the 3 steps to develop business relationships
- Follow up so people are eager to hear from you
- Give the kind of referrals that attract referrals back to you
- Understand the difference between asking for business card and making a connection
- Get great leads from bad events
- Bypass ever gatekeeper
- Stop prospecting and start networking
- Use a business networking system that attracts more paying clients from fewer networking events
It includes five 37-minute webinars that were recorded live:
Choose the Right Events
Meet the Right People
Strengthen Your Relationships
Follow Up Effectively
Give Professional Referrals
Plus, your own private 45-minute coaching call with me.
Sign up now to avoid the waiting list for only $397.
One Last Thing
One last thing. My private coaching clients pay $1200.00 for this program. We get great results and it’s a terrific value, but I know that for many people, that’s just out of their price range.
That’s why I’ve taken my entire approach, bundled it into a simple, 5-step program and am offering it to you here, with all the bonus material, for just $397.
I’ve also included a 45-Day money back guarantee to make sure this is as risk-free for you as possible. Register for the program, try it out, and if you’re not completely satisfied with the results you see, just get in touch, show me your completed worksheets and the results from 3 networking events, and I’ll happily refund your money – no questions asked.
Join us live, then use the material at your own pace, at your own convenience, when it fits in with your networking schedule. Then take what you’ve learned to your next event and watch the difference it makes.
All the best in networking success,
P.S. My "Business Networking for Introverts" program is 5-step, on-line, on-demand coaching program for people who want to get results from business networking. It includes 5, 37-minute webinars plus a 45-minute private coaching call for only $397.
Sign up for the course today!
I'm an introvert who's started productive business conversations on ski lifts, at Rotary dinners, at Chamber of Commerce networking events, at my kids' play dates, and after keynote speeches.
I've also created awkward silences, run out of things to say, followed up with people who didn't remember meeting me, squandered some great opportunities, and thought that there must be a better way.
A Passion for Teaching
As an introvert, I get it. Networking can be frustrating, and baffling, and a huge waste of time.
So I'm on a mission to fix all that. I've joined several chambers and a handful of networking groups. I've attended hundreds of events and interacted with thousands of people.
I've made all the mistakes, so you don't have to.
Let's get started...