You have to break the ice several times.
That's the secret to starting conversations.
If your first icebreaker doesn't work, you need another.
And possibly a third.
Yes, it can sometimes take two or three attempts to get a conversation going.
What's the best way to avoid those awkward pauses?
How do you quickly qualify people to see if a conversation is even worthwhile?
Join us for -- ICEBREAKERS!!
You'll learn several different kinds of icebreakers.
Then we break into small discussion groups to practice starting discussions, keeping discussions on track, and noticing when you've had a good discussion.
- Keeping conversations on track
- Icebreakers (Interactive Small Group Workshop)
- Group Interaction and Live Coaching
- Conversation Starters (Interactive Small Group Workshop)
Join our community and you're automatically registered for all our o automatically register for all our programs!
Sep 24 -- Icebreakers
Oct 15 -- Get Better Referrals
Oct 29 -- Conversation Starters (and enders)
Nov 11 -- Staying connected after a first meeting
“I feel my comfort level has improved using this technology. And I’m more relaxed talking with others”
“I was a bit nervous doing this for the first time and signing in from India, but it was really exciting and fun learning a lot about people and about virtual meetings.”
“It was amazing how small the world we live in. I was talking to people from India, Australia, and USA. ”
“I have made big in roads to developing my elevator pitch”
“I have always had inhibition starting a conversation, with your questions, it was very easy for me”
“I think it was great to have a more down to earth approach to it… feels much more comforting / less salesy”
“You did a terrific job of acquainting a lot of nervous people and helping them get over the “Zoom Phobia.”
“Great ideas for my business thank you”
“Great networking experience”
This is a very interactive program.
You get at least two chances to meet in small discussion groups.
"I LOVED the questions you gave us for the 2nd break out!" - Jaklyn M.
We go over conversation starters, then you get to use them immediately as you get to know other like-minded business professionals.
"The questions for the second breakout were very helpful, and then to practice them with cool people made it even better" - Mary L.
It's a fun way to network while getting better at networking.
- Live Q&A - Tues Oct 13 10am ET
- Q&A 004 LinkedIn for business networking, hiring "professional networkers," should you offer free services, what's the best way to differentiate
- Q&A 003 Starting (and stopping) conversations, business cards, proving your expertise, and block that metaphor...
- Q&A 002 who to connect with, why to avoid logical elevator pitches, how to stay motivated, and when are you done...
- Q&A 001 vanishing referral sources, asking for referrals (not!), networking meetings, chambers of commerce...
- Elevator Pitch Examples - Session #1
- 39 Pitches in 13 Minutes (start at 14:30)
- Networking on a Tight Budget
- Go Where Your Prospects Aren't
- What Makes You Unique
- Getting Great Leads from Bad Events
- Maximize Your Chamber Membership
- Follow Up Without Being Annoying
- Measuring Networking Results
- Prepare, Pitch & Profit Business Networking Strategy Worksheet
- Coming Soon!
- Coming Soon!
- Encourage Referrals - Slide Deck
- Encourage Referrals - Chat Log
- Interactive Presentations - Slide Deck
- Interactive Presentations - Chat Log
- Expand Your Referral Network - Slide Deck
- Expand Your Referral Network - Chat Log